Monday, November 24, 2014

Living Proof - Full

I wanted to try Living Proof - Full after I saw the Jennifer Aniston infomercial talking about a newly discovered technology for thinning hair. I've always had fine hair but over the past few years I've noticed more hair in the shower drain and I can see more of my scalp where my hairline meets my forehead. This thinning hair thing is a source of great annoyance. I've been on the look out for products that help make my hair look thicker. I know there is nothing that can actually make my hair thicker than it is. I know whatever the product does, it's not actually permanently altering my hair.  I get it.  With that being said and reading a plethora of reviews before I bought it, I went ahead and bough the travel size to try out.  The majority of people that tried the product liked.  There were a few negative comments but after reading what they had to say I wanted to try it anyway.  The negative comments seemed more in line with someone that wanted to wave a magic wand over their head and magically transform their hair into Brooke Shields' circa 1982. My expectations weren't that high. Like most of the reviewers, I liked the scent. It's sort of a woodsy, citrusy smell. I've used it three times since I purchased it Friday evening.  My hair does seem a little fuller than usual but nothing over the top and I can get the same results from a little mouse and an upside down blow out. My ends were a little more dry afterwards but I used some Fekkai glossing creme and that smoothed things out.  My normal hair is not usually dry or frizzy. There is one thing that makes it unlike anything that I've tried before and will help it establish a place in the regular line up. It makes my scalp less noticeable and that is awesome. I bought mine at Ulta but I it's available at Sephora (unless it's in JCP) and our Nordstrom's has it. It's a little on the pricey side at $24 for 8oz but a little goes a long way. I used a nickel sized amount and it was plenty of coverage.  But I also have fine, shoulder length hair.  Different hair types and lengths may need to use more. The scalp coverage is a huge reason this is a keeper for me.  I can't say that everyone will have the same results but for now I'm a fan, even if that means I have to use glossing crème for a smooth finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment