Monday, November 17, 2014

Quintessential Monday

  By 8:00a today, checkmarks in the "today's Monday" category have been sufficiently checked off...

1.  Unexpected Wi-Fi restore session at 5:00a so I can balance checkbook and watch Netflix while on the treadmill
2.  Only able to get 30 out of planned 60 minutes on treadmill (see #1)
3.  Forgot to put mini pizza bagels in the freezer for Goose's lunch...so a quick 6:30a trip to the grocery store for more
4.  Forgot to grab a yogurt out of the refrigerator for breakfast (I usually get one for each work morning)
5.  Because of #4, decide to get McDonald's sausage biscuit for breakfast instead.  Pulling up to order and realize I do not have my wallet.
6.  Decide it's necessary to drive home to get said wallet because while forgetting breakfast is not ideal, forgetting to grab a frozen meal out of the freezer and therefore not eating until dinner would be even less ideal.
7.  Run home and grab wallet forgetting again, both yogurt and lunch.  All before 8:00a.


8. Fast forward to 3:24p when I finally look at the clock.  Sheer panic fills my body as I realize that there is no way that I'm going to be on time for Goose's school for a 3:40p pick up.  Crap! 
9.  Finally get to school.  See Goose standing outside, where he's been for 10 minutes.  This wouldn't be so bad but it's 18° and it's the first time EVER that I've been late for work.

Fortunately none of these things are true emergencies or even "real" problems, but they did make for a long day.  As for Goose, he was easily swayed into forgiveness with a hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookie from the Starbucks drive-thru.  I even remembered my wallet ☻!

No comments:

Post a Comment