Friday, January 9, 2015

Honey Chicken

I hate to use the word resolution, but one thing I want to do more of in the new year is to prepare more meals at home. I'm not big on cooking. It's not that I can't follow a recipe, I'd say I'm lacking in the motivation department. Not only is preparing meals at home less expensive than eating out but it's also healthier. One recipe I've wanted to try for awhile is a honey chicken recipe from Red Star Recipe that I found via Pinterest. Click here for the original recipe on the Red Star website.

I have to say it was pretty good. I didn't follow the recipe in its entirety. I left out the red pepper flakes because I didn't have any in the cupboard and next time I'd leave out the cayenne pepper too. For me the added heat was an odd touch and was an unnecessary ingredient for my palate. The recipe also said to use 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts but there was more than enough for at least a couple more pieces of chicken. I used 2 lbs which equated to 3 very thick pieces of chicken. I wanted a thinner slice so I cut the pieces in half (similar to butterflying).


Yummy! Since I'm watching what I eat, I also did a calorie conversion for anyone that's interested. Six ounces of chicken totaled about 309 calories.









No comments:

Post a Comment