Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Neutrogena Visibly Even BB Cream

In an effort to step up my game and be a little more presentable in public, I'm slowly incorporating different products into my morning workday routing. I blame this new found interest in my appearance on losing weight. I've never really had the patience to do the whole make-up/skincare thing in the morning but as I get older, that neglect has started to settle in and my skin just isn't as "fresh" as it used to be. Sure I use a moisturizer daily and in my younger years and I would put a face on before going out, but generally speaking I'm pretty laid back. I've been using whatever moisturizer S picks out and I've been happy with that system. With the dark spots from breakouts and getting older, my skin is just blah. To dip my toe into the pool, I decided to use Neutrogena Visibly Even Broad Spectrum BB Cream. I picked it because I wanted a daily moisturizer with SPF (it has a SPF of 30) and it was tinted. Throwing a little coverage in the mix sounded alright to me. I have the light to medium, but in hindsight I should've gotten the fair to light for the winter months.

Thoughts on the product:

Good: It does even out my skin tone somewhat but if you're looking for heavy coverage, this isn't it. I can still see some old acne marks after application but I expected this. Even S noticed a difference and said that my skin looked nice. I like the idea of light vs. heavy coverage.

Not So Good: Even though it's a moisturizer, my skin still feels tight. I need to wear my regular moisturizer underneath in order for my skin to feel moisturized. This may be good for the summer when my skin isn't as dry as it is in the cold, dry winter months.

Yes or No: I'll definitely keep using this (at least until the tube is empty). It's an easy first step into a more presentable me. I'm new to this and I'm not ready to add a lot of steps to my routine. I need to master them one or two at a time and my preferences lean towards a more natural look anyway. Honestly, I'd rather concentrate on improving the condition and look of my skin as opposed using something heavier as a cover-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment