Monday, January 12, 2015

Staying Active in the Winter

It's no secret that I'm on a mission to lose weight (and be a healthier version of me). I started a jogging regimen in late summer but mother nature is cruel and the days kept getting shorter, colder and eventually the daylight disappeared before S was home from work. Since I'm too self-conscious to join a running group (I'm incredibly slow and would be THAT person) and not brave (or stupid) enough to run outside in the dark. I took it inside. We have a treadmill in the basement that has been working out nicely. Straight running on a treadmill is torture...but I've managed to bypass the boredom by doing a couple of things. First, I do a walk/run. Meaning, I'll walk for one minute and then up the speed and run for four minutes. Second, I use our iPad to watch Netflix. I'll prop it up on the book stand, plug in my earphones and watch away. I try to do a minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week but regularly do 60+ minutes. I'm super excited that I've been able to stay motivated and moving until I can get back outside. I can't wait for the new season of House of Cards to come out in February!

No comments:

Post a Comment